FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks,
Just joined the forum today and wanted to say hello. Ordered a SCAR 17 FDE from ableammo.com and it arrived at my FFL shop today. I'm way excited to pick this rifle up and head off to the range. I currently shoot a Colt HBAR .223, CZ Shadow Tactical II in 9mm, a CZ Kadet in .22LR, Beretta 92FS in 9mm, and a Beretta PX4 Storm in .40. I'll be looking for optics for the SCAR and am considering an Elcan SpecterDR 1X4X or a Trijicon ACOG. If anyone has any input on optics I'd really appreciate it. I plan on shooting targets from 100-600 yards at the range, but that might change depending on how things go with the SCAR.

Anyway, I've been a member on a motorcycle forum since 2002 and, from what I've seen in my searches on here, this seems like an outstanding forum. Glad to join the FNH family!

·
Premium Member
9,866 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the 17!

Reactions: SAVAGEJIM

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:welcomesigntb3: TO THE FORUM! and Congrats on your new FDE SCAR 17 ::!!!::
Thank you, sir. I've got a lot to learn about this amazing rifle and I'm damn excited to go shoot it.

A semi-funny story...I was at the range 2 weeks ago and shot next to a guy that had a Beretta CX5 polymer rifle in .40. He was REALLY enthusiastic about it, field stripped it down and was showing me all the cool features. So, I started doing some research on it and stumbled into the Beretta ARX-100, a polymer .223 rifle and it really started growing on me. I was pretty set on buying one but I found numerous threads online about the rifle and people were posting "I'd rather have a SCAR". So, I started researching the SCAR and found Hikock45's review video on youtube.
The hook was set, rifle purchased. Totally stoked and feel like I did the right thing.

·
Registered
22,118 Posts
Welcome!!! :)

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Hello and welcome!

Gratz on the SCAR 17! The 17 is defo a rifle on my to buy list. I just have to scrimp, scrounge, and punch every penny to make it happen.

Welcome and congrats on your 17? Stock up on ammo. shooting a 17 is akin to eating peanuts.
Right! .308 ammo is stupid expensive today. Even reloading .308 costs as much as what I paid for a box of 20 factory rounds 15 years ago. All the ammo scare and hoarding has permanently damaged the price of ammo for us, the end users.

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
Welcome to the forum. So jelly of your CZ pistols. Been wanting a shadow tac for ever, but the timing and availability hasn't been right for me.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Welcome!!! :)
Welcome and congrats on your 17? Stock up on ammo. shooting a 17 is akin to eating peanuts.
Hello and welcome!

Gratz on the SCAR 17! The 17 is defo a rifle on my to buy list. I just have to scrimp, scrounge, and punch every penny to make it happen.

Right! .308 ammo is stupid expensive today. Even reloading .308 costs as much as what I paid for a box of 20 factory rounds 15 years ago. All the ammo scare and hoarding has permanently damaged the price of ammo for us, the end users.
:welcomesigntb3: to the Forum, be prepared the SCAR feels lonely with out at least one companion. FDE likes a Black partner and/or the 17 likes a 16 to keep it company.
Welcome from South Carolina.
Thanks for the warm welcome!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Welcome to the forum. So jelly of your CZ pistols. Been wanting a shadow tac for ever, but the timing and availability hasn't been right for me.
I can't say enough good things about the Shadow Tac II. It's really well made, has a trigger (3 1/4lbs with a clean break and uber short reset) that makes me smile every time I pull it. Git you one! :)

Welcome from Illinois!
Thanks, mate.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts