FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally get to shoot my XD, am putting it back together after cleaning, and it jams up completely.

Only thing i can think of is the recoil spring slipped off the barrel and jammed everything up. One of those oddball things that happen. Taking it into the shop today.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
I have never seen that happen. I have gotten a 1911 in a tight while reassembling but not an XD. I hope he gets it back apart with no scratching.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just got back from the shop, they can't get it apart, has to go back to the factory. i swear, anytime anything bad happens to me, it just has to be the oddball problems. They had never seen anything like it before.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Was it new?

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
They should send you another new one if they can't get that apart without breaking the frame. :?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fixed or new, don't care. Only put 150 rounds through it, but I love the way it shoots.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Saw something close to that on my XD9mm. Had to push the slide forward just a touch to get the takedown lever to line up. Push down the takedown lever, pulled trigger, and presto-chango, it came apart.

Zhur

Disclaimer:I know you just reassembled it, but make sure it's empty anyways.

·
Registered
350 Posts
that kind of thing happened to a guy at the range once
he just put it in a vice and hit it with a hammer to get it apart

it worked somehow

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
It looks like an OOB assembly. Just kidding.

Could the guide spring and rod have slipped off the barrel?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
THE PRODIGAL GUN RETURNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Turns out somehow(I have no idea how)when I was putting it back together I buggered the frame. Result, new frame. Cost $39 bucks. I'm starting to see what you guys like about polymer guns. They also included this handy "DON'T DO THIS AGAIN IDIOT" sheet. And because of this, the serial#s on the slide and frame do not match. That little piece of paper is going into my safety deposit box!

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
thats a shame to see that happen.... :cry: :cry: :cry:

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
hopefully you dont have any more issues with it :cool:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts