FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, plastic guns are not evil :lol: - if you follow along in that thread - I am not a reloader, but I didn't know that you could theoretically blow up a gun by UNDERLOADING a round.

That's why I posted the link - to let some of you guys know.

Granted - it's just speculation on how it happened... But still...

·
Registered
119 Posts
Yeah i have herd storries of people buying reloads from people at gun shows and they take there guns out to have a fun day and there gun blows up in there hands. If i get ammo i buy it or reload it myself!

·
Registered
114 Posts
I think that it was in American Handgunner where someone reported on a kB! in a light loaded .38Spl. It seems that if the small amount of powder winds up being distributed horizontally inside the case, there is too much surface area of the powder that is exposed to the primer flash. The primer ignites a larger than normal amount of powder all at once and creates a mini explosion inside the case instead of a steady burn from the bottom of the case upwards towards the bullet.
well, that's new to me...

auwtch...

·
Registered
636 Posts
I my uncle has been loading for 30+ years and started teaching me in 1995....... I will tell you if you cant be alone or pay attention you should not be reloading ! that was a double charge I use tight group now and then............. its a good powder

1 - 8 of 8 Posts