FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
I scored my USPF9 as a used gun in a shop for half of MSRP too. Sweet mamajama.

My latest acquisition from a local gun show this weekend:

HK USP 9. (2) 15 round magazines, manual, grey fitted hardcase. Date code is KE, internet shows that as '94, so it's a bit older handgun. Very minimal wear on it, most noticeable wear would be along the top edge of the slide on the right hand side, but even then, most people probably wouldn't notice it. I doubt that it was even fired very much, if it has, then the previous owner kept it very clean, there was hardly any carbon during my stripping and cleaning of it.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
I am very satisfied with my SDP Compact too.

I think that I'm going to get the all steel full size model for 2016.

Sphinx SDP Compact in Wolf Gray with threaded barrel. My first impression....damn sexy. Grip is perfect, feels hefty in the hands even thought the distribution is awesome, and the finish is amazing. I can't wait to take it out to the range.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
I would probably like to get one, but not sure it would get used often enough to justify buying it. I don't like buying "safe queens" but lately some of my guns have been unintentionally becoming that. I have read some reviews on the sub-compact that aren't very promising, but if Sphinx can get them resolved I may get one of those in the future for concealed carry in the summer.
I had the SDP Subcompact. Just gave it away to one of my nieces.

I don't know if the issue had been corrected with the most current ones but mine and a host of other Subcompact had bad barrels. It seems like the chambers of these guns were under dimensioned lengthwise. You can tell by looking at the barrel. Mine came with a black coating on the feed ramp and in the chamber. Others with SDP Compact but no reliability issues had their barrel feed ramp & chamber nice & shiny.

Anyway, mine was sent back to KRISS for warranty work and it came back with a new barrel. The new barrel worked like a champ and fed at least five different JHP loads that I tried through it.

The reason why I gave it away was that I simply didn't "jive" with the SDP Subcompact. Some guns you like and some guns you don't. And my niece just happens to go away to college and needs a bit of personal protection - I figured might as well give her a good gun...especially one that I don't like. Teehee.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Back in the day when I purchased my model 83 premier the only .454 ammunition you could buy was Was directly thru FA and was difficult to obtain .454 ammo has come along way since then! I see yours is ported it should be a little more enjoyable to shoot!
i already have the SuperRedhawk in .454. It doesn’t kick that bad.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
That M-27 looks nice. I don't own one, but I do own a few 6" M-28s.

I like that new Ruger10mm too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I already had the nickel plated 8”+ barrel M27-2 but this one is more amenable. Also have a 6” Highway Patrolman too.

I don’t like this Match Champion as much as my .357 Match Champion.

A. The 10mm DA pull isn’t as smooth. Typical inconsistent Ruger quality control.

B. I prefer the Novak rear sight of the .357 model.

C. I prefer the slab side barrel of the .357 as well. It makes the gun feels less top heavy.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts