FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering what you recommend as the optics that are the best value.

Let me explain.

Company X makes lower cost optics.
Company Y makes mid-tier cost optics.
Company Z make high cost optics.

The highest cost optic made by Company X costs as much or more as the lowest cost optics from Company Y. Equally the highest cost optic made by Company Y costs as much or more as the lowest cost optics from Company Z.

There are always sweet spots where instead of buying one thing, you could spend maybe 5% more and got something a lot better. There are always these tiers and overlap where there may exist an exceptional value for the price.

Can you recommend any optics that you think are an exceptional value? Feel free to say what the other optics were that you compared it to. Something like, I was about to buy Company Z's scope when I found that Company Y's scope that cost 20% less was good enough, or the counterpart, I was about to by Company Y's best scope when I found that Company Z's mid range scope was much better for 5% more.

I realize some answers may be objective and some may be subjective

·
Registered
466 Posts
I guess it will come down to a deal as well I got a Leupold and mount for 250 but the scope was 350 by its self. It always came down to how much money I was willing to spend and what deals were available and what I could get for that price. I never had a particular brand or model for my anschutz or scar. I just looked around set a price point and got really lucky with a deal. My nikon was prostaff 5 was close out its 4x-16 i think from swaffa. Your best bet is to lurk like a catfish on slickguns swfa amazon or optics planet.

·
Registered
947 Posts
On a general basis, I always take a look at the offerings from Vortex when I am looking for a new optic. I have several of their scopes, and they seem to be a good value for the price. I have taken a look at Leupold's at my LGS, but have not been able to justify the 2x or 3x price that they require. Vortex comes with a lifetime warranty, but I have never had to use it, so can not specifically speak on what the customer support is like.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts