FN Herstal Firearms banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For you folks who are limited to 10 rounds, or just want the best of the best built SKSs. I unpacked the factory grease from this guy in '02, fired it 20 rounds of clean, brass cased, NC primed 7.62X39 just to make sure it worked. (NO malfunctions) Cleaned it, put it away, and today, decided I'll get rid of it. The bore is like a mirror, the bolt face has NO pits around the firing pin hole, AND, the (radioactive?) front flip up night sight still glows. My eyes are getting along in years, I think I can see the rear still glowing as well. This is in the middle of the day in a closet with little time to acclimate my eyes. This model has the rubber butt pad (original), original cleaning kit, and sling dated 1970. Bluing is 99%. It has a gas shut off (works smoothly) for manual operation and grenade launching. (guess they saw the writing on the wall - Berlin?) back in the 60's as the launcher is NATO spec. 22mm diam. Every number matches, except, the rear sight leaf has a close number etched underneath the slide. Maybe some one can help me out with what kind of wood these stocks are. I've been around boats most of my life and I swear they are TEAK?! That would be a real plus! I can email addition photos. The others were too big, and I don't know how to shrink them. these pics are indicative of just how nice this gun is.

I would like to trade for a bolt action 7.62X39 like the Remington 788 or a Yugo Mini Mauser. Cash deal $425 + postage (actual) from individual to FFL. FTF in East Central Florida. Some states do not allow these guns because of the grenade launcher - check your laws.

Thank you, AC

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.