FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pepperoni pizza Hot Pockets recalled

WASHINGTON, DC - Nestlé Prepared Foods Company, a Mt. Sterling, Ky., establishment, is recalling approximately 215,660 pounds of frozen stuffed pepperoni pizza sandwich products that may contain foreign materials, the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service announced Friday.

The following products are subject to recall: [View Labels]
• 54-ounce, 12-pack cartons of “HOT POCKETS PEPPERONI PIZZA” brand stuffed sandwiches. Printed on the side of each carton is “8157544614D,” “EST 7721A,” and “BEST BEFORE JAN2010.” Each carton bears the USDA mark of inspection.

The products were produced on June 5, and distributed to retail establishments nationwide.

The problem was discovered after the company received consumer complaints. The Food Safety Inspection Service has not received any consumer complaints or reports of injury at this time.

Anyone concerned about an injury from consumption of the products should contact a physician.

Consumers with questions about the recall should contact Nestlé Consumer Services Center at (800) 350-5016.

Consumers with food safety questions can “Ask Karen,” the FSIS virtual representative available 24 hours a day at AskKaren.gov. The toll-free USDA Meat and Poultry Hotline 1-888-MPHotline (1-888-674-6854) is available in English and Spanish and can be reached from l0 a.m. to 4 p.m. (Eastern Time) Monday through Friday. Recorded food safety messages are available 24 hours a day.

http://www.seacoastonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080822/BIZ/80822055/-1/NEWS19

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
I wonder what it is, As they seem they don't want to release what the extra toy surprise in the hot pocket is. :eek:

·
Banned
112 Posts
OMG! I don't know if I want to know what the recall is about. They probably got their food ingredients from China and then find out its pepperoni is made from rats or old people or dog or something worse. :evil:

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Erica_the_Red said:
OMG! I don't know if I want to know what the recall is about. They probably got their food ingredients from China and then find out its pepperoni is made from rats or old people or dog or something worse. :evil:
Hmm, interesting theory.

I buy these on occasion... not any more...

·
Registered
954 Posts
:evil: That's ironic. I ate those all the time! Right up until I deployed to this rat hole.

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
QB 45 said:
:evil: That's ironic. I ate those all the time! Right up until I deployed to this rat hole.
Who knows what you were eating. Muffler parts, ground up moss... You name it :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
I bet it's for metal shavings in the food. It happens when they change out parts and don't get them lined up correctly.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
It was a translation error. The chinese were supposed to put the Dick Tracy Decoder rings in the Craker Jack boxes.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts