FN Herstal Firearms banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of this as something that I can throw in the car and go, and as my main weapon should i dump my car and proceed on foot with my BOB.

Few questions:

My understanding based on quick search - quality is on par with Saiga but spare parts are pain in the arse to find.

Same goes for rails, stocks, compensator, etc ....

Correct ?

How difficult is it to get good with it at 50 yards as it is with Saiga 7.62 ?
I cycle reliability on par with Saiga 7.62 ?

Thank you !

·
Registered
3,670 Posts
There are limited muzzle devices in 26mm, but more than you think. They use the Yugo handguards and people make railed handguards for them. Stocks, you'd have to convert to SBR, but there are plenty of options for that..

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
If you want parts availability then look into an AR pistol. If you want AK go with the 762x39 pistols. You can equip either with folding arm brace which will make it more compact when stored but easier to shoot accurately with when you have to.

SBRs make for terrible car gun IMO. There could be legal consequences if you forgot you had it in the car and drove to another state.

Reactions: vz58kid

·
Registered
397 Posts
I guess you are talking about the Zastava M92 or is it M85? in 5.56? Anyway, I have 2 M92PVs (7.62x39) and I recommend them highly. I almost bought the 5.56 version as well, but I like to have a lot of magazines and they are harder to find for the 5.56 version. I would consider the M92 because parts are more common, not that you'll ever need any for an AK. Mine shoot very well, I put the Ultimak rail on and a Primary Arms micro-red dot. Makes a fine pistol. It's accurate, reliable (never had a single mis-feed, mis-fire or jam) and easy to accessorize. And did I say inexpensive? They are a pretty good deal.

If you decide to SBR it it is easy to convert and makes a great rifle. ....They are a blast to shoot....read big ass fireballs. Could be a good trunk gun as long as you realize their limitations.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I used to carry one of these in my vehicle for SHTF, but I had the proper 762 version. I sold it when prices went sky high. It's a fun gun but not one that I'd want to fire without hearing protection, even in a SHTF situation. And firing it feels like getting punched in the nose, at least without cutting the welds on the thread protector and replacing it with a flash hider. It's not easy to aim, either. For up close and personal it would work fine, but then again, so would something like a Mossberg 500 JIC or even a pistol.

I think the Five-seveN is the best SHTF mobile weapon. It's light, concealable (why advertise to people who want what you have and to law enforcement/national guard/military?), and you can easily carry 500 rounds in your BOB.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.