FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this belongs here or the knife room. Mods please move as necessary.

Knife Rights - Zeeland, MI, Cops Misleading Students About Knife Law?

There was once a time in America when just about every kid attending school carried a pocket knife. Few kids would be caught without one. Times have changed and most schools have strict "zero tolerance" (zero common sense) policies on knives. It now appears that in at least one instance, a Zeeland, Michigan, police officer presenting a class in school may actually be misinforming students about knife law.

·
Registered
3,670 Posts
I had a cop who pulled me over one day for some BS excuse (said I got squirrely in the rain when I passed him at an intersection, when all I did was tap the brakes because it looked like he was going to run the stop sign) and he tried to tell me my folding pocket knife (2.5" blade) was illegal. I took it out, and said I use this as a tool, and have no unlawful intent with it, therefore it is legal for me to carry on my person :)

MI doesn't have any preemption laws when it comes to knives, so local ordinances can set their own laws on knives, but the city in which I was pulled over in, doesn't have any additional restrictions.

Wish we could own automatic knives in MI though :(

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.