FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up this scope for my Scar 17 (Relax I didn't go FDE) haha and I am going out this weekend to Zero. My POU is to plink steel from around 600-700. As a good ol' 11B I'm just used to zeroing my ACOG at 100Meters. Being my first time getting into a little bit longer shooting, If you will. What distance should I zero the scope at? I have read a little bit. Some things are Indicating that I should the 200 Meter Mark. I wanted to know if any of you have worked with this optic before and or what advice you have for me. Thanks!

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
Planning on dialing up to shoot at longer ranges or holding over using the reticle? If the later, I'd zero 200 meter's.

·
Registered
36 Posts
MOA or MRAD? and if you have the x44, then it's not FFP (not that it matters to your question). If you got the MOA, I found it easiest to zero at 200 yards rather than meters, but that's just personal preference...

·
Registered
876 Posts
Zero at 100. Make a dope card, laminate and tape to stock. You are set
Exactly! [email protected] [email protected] 100 yards or meters are IMO the best to zero at. Why? One hundred is sorta the de-facto standard because of ease of doing mental calculation. Like "eightyeight mag" said above pick your go to ammo and make a dope card and laminate it. Either tape it to the stock or hide it in the butt stock.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have the Vortex Viper PST 2.5-10X32 FFP w ADM QD mount on my 17S and was wondering the same thing given the iron sights are zeroed at 25-300meters? 100meters definitely makes it easy on my brain though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,618 Posts
I zero at 200 yards and it's dead on at 50 yards. It's 1.5" high at 100 yards if zeroed at 200 yards. That being said do whatever works for your way of thinking. Don't nuke it :biggrin:

Reactions: Kotei
1 - 7 of 7 Posts