FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well one eyed opie :D (me) played with the white ring sight because he could not see the sight, thinking it was not sighted in right, well now i dont know where the bullet will hit

so my question is, is there a factory setting on the sight, that i can get it close to zeroed ? like unscrew the rear adjuster to the top and than back down 2 turns ?

note to self dont let one eyed opie near the ps90 with tools again :D

i cant make it to the range yet till the weekend at the earliest

i tried putting a laser pointer in the barrel and that worked half arse :grin:

·
Vendor
5,700 Posts
Try this site
http://www.wikihow.com/Align-the-Sights-on-the-FN-PS90-Rifle-Using-the-FN-Sight-Tool

It gives instructions on how to sight it in.

I actually took the upper receiver off and put a laser thru the barrel so I can see where the point of impact will be at 25 feet. I adjusted my side mounted laser to that point and then adjusted the Ring Sight to 2" above that point. This gave me an almost exact POI at 50 yards.

Good luck.

Oh by the way... If you can't see the Ring Sight you should try the REM T3. :D This fixes the problem!

http://fnforum.net/viewtopic.php?t=8223

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
M1P90, thanks for the links, i have one of your REM T3,s on hold :D the link told how to adjust the sights but it did not say if there is a preset, like turn the screw out all the way and than back in a couple of turns, opie turned the screws out and back in on both screws, and i am fairly sure he messed up the alignment with the bore, but i half way got the sight sighted in, i think, it might be off a bit to the right but i should be able to hit a torso at our halls length :D i will try to find my smaller laser pointer and try again :D thanks for the helps, i will try again Wednesday night or thursday, i will try with the receiver off too

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
You need a laser boresighter to make it work right - not just a laser pointer. I bought a Bushnell model for $35. Works great.

·
Vendor
5,700 Posts
You actually don't really need a laser at all. Just take the top receiver off and set it on a solid surface ( a stool or table top ) then look thru the barrel and aim it at an object. Then look thru the Ring Sight and see how off it is. Re-adjust the ring sight so that its aim is about 2" above the point where the barrel is pointed at and viola!!! :?

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Yes - this is true. But, the laser is easier. However - my point was that if he used a regular laser pointer - he may be creating more problems.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
M1P90 said:
You actually don't really need a laser at all. Just take the top receiver off and set it on a solid surface ( a stool or table top ) then look thru the barrel and aim it at an object. Then look thru the Ring Sight and see how off it is. Re-adjust the ring sight so that its aim is about 2" above the point where the barrel is pointed at and viola!!! :?
thanks that helped a lot, i will try doing that thursday :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts