FN Herstal Firearms banner

ZQI Factory Tour

6K views 38 replies 18 participants last post by  Yewtaw Kid 
#1 ·
I have become a big fan of ZQI, particularly for my everyday range m80. It is basic, servicevable, up to spec NATO M80. Oh, and you can find it pretty dirt cheap at Walmart (I just picked up a few hundred rounds the other day for $100).

I am not sure why they sell so dirt cheap through Walmart, but as long as they do I want to benefit from it.

Anyway, the Military Arms Channel has a pretty interesting tour of the ZQI factory:

#5 ·
We ( The collective ) @ The kave like this ammo... I actually hoarded it from numerous locations in several states....
We have been shooting it out of all kinds of weapons Scar, Fal, ect.. maybe I can run a recon mission when the " colonel " goes grocery shopping and score some more ????
I think since I have overzealously built up a crap ton.... it may have to be a " Black OP " using my special Card.....!
If this stuff ever increases in price .... IT will be a dark day ...

#8 ·
Been hearing the rumor about ZQI not being restocked at Wal-Mart for a while. Also heard that several Wal-Marts keep stocking it, and both Wal-Marts in my area are loaded to the gills with it. Good ammo, it's what I'll be zeroing the 17S with when the weather cooperates.

#17 ·
I gotta question the idea that MKE can't afford to make the 7.62 ZQI ammo at Wally World prices.

First of all, I'm sure that during the negotiation process, somebody at MKE must have ran the numbers before agreeing to Wally World pricing.

Secondly, they're making this ammo for Turkey AND other countries too. If anything selling some on the side to Wally World is making extra change for MKE. It's not like they tooled up just to make the ammo for Wally World.

And frankly, I find the pricing of 7.62x51 ball ammo to be ridiculous. You got craps from the former Yugoslavia (PPU) being sold at prices that rival PMC ammo from South Korea and nearly as much as American made ammo.

#18 ·
Also, good for ZQI as a company to try to get their ammo to gun shops and other venues. Except that if they were to raise the prices then I'll stop buying the ammo. Then I'm sure that Wal-Mart will find another manufacturer to sell them cheap ammo with. Witness the Perfecta line (Fiocchi). Their .223 and 9mm ammo are very close to ZQI pricing (a couple cents a round higher).

#21 ·
It's been a few months since I went to the ZQI website, so I just paid them a visit again. They're selling the ammo; 5.56 and 7.62, on line now at $0.09/rd higher than Wally World. So, American capitalism is rearing its head - cut out the middle man and raising the price at the same time. Good luck on that.

Also, they're importing Turkish HK clones via the brand Zenith Firearms. $1550 for a HK91, $1500 for HK94/HK93 clone. Plus the various guises of MP5 pistols.

Z-5RS Pistol ? Zenith Firearms

Consider that the PTR-91 family is very well made and the basic models hover around $1000, I don't see how this Turkish HK91 clone is going to be competitive with that $1550 price (MSRP - so street price maybe $200 less). Unless a person wants a gun made from an HK licensed manufacturer, that is. Although that would be cool in and of itself. I have an HK91 and the Greek clone Springfield Armory SAR3. I might get a Turkish clone for grins and giggles.

#23 · (Edited)
It's been a few months since I went to the ZQI website, so I just paid them a visit again. They're selling the ammo; 5.56 and 7.62, on line now at $0.09/rd higher than Wally World. So, American capitalism is rearing its head - cut out the middle man and raising the price at the same time. Good luck on that.

Also, they're importing Turkish HK clones via the brand Zenith Firearms. $1550 for a HK91, $1500 for HK94/HK93 clone. Plus the various guises of MP5 pistols.

Z-5RS Pistol ? Zenith Firearms

Consider that the PTR-91 family is very well made and the basic models hover around $1000, I don't see how this Turkish HK91 clone is going to be competitive with that $1550 price (MSRP - so street price maybe $200 less). Unless a person wants a gun made from an HK licensed manufacturer, that is. Although that would be cool in and of itself. I have an HK91 and the Greek clone Springfield Armory SAR3. I might get a Turkish clone for grins and giggles.
The 7.62 though is still competitively priced for brand new spec M80. 59c a round is still in what is typically the neighborhood of the steel cased or re-manufactured price point.

#31 ·
My understanding is that Wal-Mart is actually selling the ZQ1 ammo at a loss. Not sure why this is the case, but maybe it is a loss leader to sell other ammo or sporting good items. If so, then when this stuff actually hits the shelves in LGS the prices are likely to be a good bit higher. I think maybe we should stock up while they still have it? Thoughts

#32 ·
This is what I'm thinking. My co-worker swears by it, and there's a Wal Mart down the road that he picks it up at so I may have to take a lunch break on payday to swing by.

#34 ·
Thanks for posting about this ammo. Haven't really bought much 7.62 in years as I have a pretty well stock ammo fort but I managed to get some of this in the last week for ~.50 cents a round. Scored last night at the Mart and picked up almost 1,200 rounds. I figure as I shoot up some of my surplus stuff that's 40 years old this will be a nice way to fill in my stock.

#35 ·
Nice post, great video looking into the manufacturing facility.

Reactions: Aging Disgracefully
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.