FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought one off of ebay for half of the suggested retail. Should be here by the end of the week and will have to test it out. If it's as good of quality as their other knives, I'll be pleased. It's a double edged boot knife that I got for more of a collectors item than anything else at this point, but if I end up going into the military or law enforcement, I may end up carrying it :?

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Like this one?

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Double edged knifes have very little utility in the military. In my whole time in the service, only one grunt I can remember ever carried a double edge. They look cool in movies but they are of little use really.

That being said yes I have 3 double edged blades. A orignal Gerber MK II, a EK Raider, and a Tree brand hand made boot knife. All are collector items.

Field knives get abused. I used a bolo or a machete, a Ka-bar or a EK bowie, and a pocket knife/multitool.

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's it TA. And yeah, its more of a collector thing for me. If anything, it would be a last resort close combat knife. I carry my ZT 0400 daily. It's very sharp and has the auto-assist opening, which is sweet. I the stud for opening with the index finder.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts