FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
500 series with hammers on! A step in the right direction

There are several interesting elements in their photos that differ from 509. One is that it looks like slide, barrel and frame (or is that trigger module?) are all externally serial #'d

·
Registered
970 Posts
This pistol isn't even made by FN it's a private labeled Umarex.
I certainly saw the moniker on the grip frame, but do you have further info that the rest of the pistol is not FN as well?

Reactions: Ex-Racer / Ex-Pat

·
Registered
970 Posts
I, too, have a "Ruger with an optic", as well as a S&W 22A with an optic: neither mount on the slides... So what?
[...]
Might be a bit early to throw the (new) baby out with the bathwater...?
As to so what, on your Ruger and S&W the optic is mounted to a fixed part i.e. the barreled receiver vs. here where on the 502 it appears the dot would mount to the, as @SeaMac said, reciprocating slide. So the ammo must be hot enough and the springs tuned right to move all that extra mass. Reliably.

I too am curious to see what comes of it though

·
Registered
970 Posts
I would make sure the chamber is perfectly clean with all manufacturer rust preventative thoroughly removed. And get a couple other boxes of ammo to try. If after a hundred more shots that doesn't work, should be FN's problem.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Thanks for sharing your review! Interesting observation on the viewing port exhaust. How's working the safety with your shooting hand?

Reactions: LESTER
1 - 5 of 5 Posts